As a SAP consultant, you can enjoy a great career. Professionals having good technical and interpersonal skills can enjoy lucrative career opportunities as a SAP consultant. However, it is important to receive SAP training from one of the established institutions to specialize in this domain. Here, you will come to know about the process, which can help you embrace a promising career as a SAP consultant.
Who is a SAP Consultant?
You need to be an SME (Subject Matter Expert) on one of the following domains of SAP, in order to be a SAP consultant :
- Sales or Business
As a consultant, you may have to provide recommendations, advisory services, implementation guidelines and other kinds of assistance to clients in the respective domains of SAP.
Why to obtain a certificate in SAP?
Systems Applications and Products (SAP) are presently the leading business software provider of the world. It specializes in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solutions, specific to certain businesses. Around 9 out of 10 of every Fortune 500 companies have implemented SAP. This explains why you should obtain a SAP certification UK on completing the course. The SAP consultants get a premium remuneration over other professionals working in the IT industry, particularly dealing with .net, Java, etc.
Different types of SAP consultant
- SAP Sales/Business consultant: These professionals are entrusted with the responsibility to bring in new projects.
- SAP Functional consultant: The get SAP customized as per the demands of the customers. They interact with the developers and get custom ABAP programs coded, as per the demands of the situation.
- SAP Developer Consultant: SAP developer consultants are responsible for coding Java and ABAP programs.
- SAP Basis Consultant: These professionals help in installing, maintaining and carrying out various performances, tuning the SAP databases and servers.
On training yourself through a SAP London, you can enjoy a great career as a consultant. The responsibilities might differ, according to the size and nature of the projects.
Prerequisites to be a SAP consultant
- In order to be a SAP consultant, you need to be a college graduate, and this is the minimum qualification. In order to enhance the chances of getting selected, you should have a post-graduate degree.
- A degree in computer science can strengthen your profile for this course, along with an exposure to programming or data.
- Besides, you should have adequate business and industry knowledge to enhance the possibilities of qualifying for SAP. You might be having experience in the banking, FMCG, telecom or other sectors. In this case, you enjoy a better chance to become a SAP consultant.
- At the same time, you should be a good team player and have exceptional written and verbal communication skill. Professionals having good soft skills and a winning attitude can easily establish themselves as SAP consultants.
It is recommended to pursue your SAP training from one of the reputed institutes. This ensures that you can spearhead your career with the latest knowledge in the industry. The new SAP modules also allow the aspirants to gain advanced skills. It would be wise to complete the course from an established SAP training institute.